If you ever find yourself in the situation where you’ve got a ton of lumber or plywood to cut or need to break down those stubborn hardwood pieces for your table saw, trust me, a circular saw is your ultimate sidekick.
Sure, you could consider using hand saws or jigsaws, but let’s be real here – they just can’t hold a candle to the efficiency and versatility of a good old circular saw.
And here’s the kicker: once you get the hang of it, using a circular saw is way easier than you might think. So, bottom line, when you need to cut stuff quickly and precisely, that circular saw is your go-to hero.
However, finding the best circular saw that will work for you can be an overwhelming task because of the many options available in the market now.
Don’t worry. We have compiled the top circular saws that we can recommend in the list below. Read on.
DEWALT (DWE575SB) Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5
- Known as one of the lightest circular saws from Dewalt.
- This saw comes with an electric brake that stops the saw blade immediately.
- Offers enhanced beveling with 45-degree and 22.5-degree stops.
The Dewalt DWE575SB is a corded circular saw that’s safe as it is accurate. It comes with an electric brake that will stop the saw completely should problems arise. This safety feature is perfect for beginners who are still taking their hands on using a circular saw.
It is also one of the lightest saws at just 8.8 pounds. This makes it easier to handle, transport and store. The DWE575SB has a powerful 15-amp motor which makes it great for different cutting applications. It has 57-degree beveling features with 45 and 22.5-degree stops.
This Dewalt circular saw can work longer than other saws thanks to its lower guard with ball-bearing components. The base is high-quality aluminum and thus provides a great surface for all kinds of projects.
- Dimensions: 16.25 x 10.13 x 10.5 inches, 8.8 pounds
- Power/Motor: 15 Amp motor, 5200 RPM, corded electric
- Cutting Performance: 57-degree beveling, 45 and 22.5-degree stops, depth cut capabilities of 2 9/16 inches.
- Special Features: with electric brakes, ball-bearing guards, aluminum base
- Accessories: with a bag
- Lightweight, easy to transport, and store circular saw.
- It is a safe saw with an efficient electric brake.
- It comes with a very powerful motor to work even in the toughest material.
- It has a lower depth cut, longer life, and a smooth aluminum base.
- No laser or illuminated line.
- Hard to remove the blade lock.
SKIL 5280-01 Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.7 out of 5
- With a powerful 15- Amp motor with higher RPM for faster and cleaner cuts.
- One of the lightest circular saws at only 6.95 pounds. This reduces operator fatigue.
- With a convenient dust blower to remove sawdust and enhance visibility.
The Skil 5280-01 is a circular saw with convenient laser light to help you make accurate cuts on different materials. This saw has a 15-amp motor with 5300 RPM that helps it cut faster and cleaner. You will find this useful on tough material because of its 7 ¼ -inch carbide tip blade with a spindle lock system so you can make easy blade changes.
This Skil circular saw is another lightweight power saw weighing less than 7 pounds. This helps reduce operator fatigue even when it’s used for longer periods. And with the dust blower, you can always keep an eye on your material.
- Dimensions: 14.2 x 9.8 x 8.5 inches, 6.95 pounds
- Power/Motor: 15-Amp, 5300 RPM
- Cutting Performance: 51-degree bevel
- Special Features: carbide-tipped saw blade, spindle lock, longer cord length, dust blower, anti-snag guards
- Accessories: 24 teeth carbide-tipped blade, carrying bag, and wrench.
- This saw has a powerful 15-amp motor that gives you 5300 RPM cutting power.
- Can cut faster and smoother.
- Comes with versatile bevel capacity and a longer power cord.
- This is a lightweight saw to avoid fatigue.
- The dust blower removes sawdust.
- Requires a full battery to work.
- The battery eventually runs out and wears out.
HYCHIKA Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4 out of 5
- Comes with two saw blades to cut wood, plastic, metal, and other materials.
- With an adjustable cutting angle and depth.
- With a convenient laser guide and an efficient scale ruler.
The HYCHIKA circular saw has a durable copper motor equipped with two saw blades. This 1500W motor offers improved cutting power for different materials including PVC, wood, plastic, and soft metals. The speed allows the saw to cut through different depths and angles with ease.
This saw also comes with a laser guide to help you cut straighter and more accurately. It comes with a scale ruler to control the saw’s cutting width and give you the best results. Meanwhile, this HYCHIKA saw is also one of the safest with a safety switch and a steady aluminum saw guard.
You’ll also find this saw easy to use because of its ergonomic handle with a slim grip. This reduces the user’s fatigue when operated with one hand.
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 11.02 x 7.72 inches, 11.47 pounds
- Power/Motor: 12.5 Amp, 4700 RPM
- Cutting Performance: Cutting angle 90-degree, depth of 65 mm, inclination angle 45-degree, depth of 45mm.
- Special Features: laser guide, safety switch, scale ruler, aluminum guard, adjustable cutting depth, ergonomic slim grip
- Accessories: 24 teeth saw blade, 40 teeth saw blade, Allen wrench, button cells laser guide, guide ruler, user manual.
- This saw has a very efficient and durable copper motor.
- Can cut through all kinds of materials including plastic, wood, PVC, and soft metal.
- With adjustable cutting angles and depths.
- With a laser guide for more accurate cuts.
- With safety features and an ergonomic handle.
- Complaints with the quality of the saw blade.
- Problems with angle adjustments.
Black & Decker BDECS300C Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5
- This circular saw has a lightweight design, is comfortable, and is easy to use.
- With a convenient laser guide for enhanced accuracy.
- With easy depth adjustment and bevel adjustment.
The Black & Decker circular saw BDECS300C is a dependable and lightweight circular saw equipped with a laser feature. This will allow you to make accurate cuts in all types of material. It is comfortable to handle as it’s lightweight to carry to the job site.
The BDEC300C has a powerful 13-amp motor that provides effective cutting for different projects. This saw has a spindle lock for easy and safe blade changes. It also has easy bevel adjusting components that can make angled cuts until 45 degrees. The depth may be customized up to 2.5 inches at 90 degrees.
This is a battery-powered saw and thus, it comes with one lithium-ion battery. This makes it a convenient saw to take to job sites, outdoor workstations, and more. Just make sure you have a full battery to produce the best results.
- Dimensions: 14 x 9.9 x 8 inches, 7 pounds
- Power/Motor: lithium-ion battery, 13 Amp motor
- Cutting Performance: angled cuts 45 degrees, depth customization up to 2.5 inches at 90 degrees.
- Special Features: laser guideline, spindle lock, depth, and bevel adjustments, lightweight design
- Accessories: circular saw blade and wrench
- This is one of the lightest power saws in the market.
- This is a battery-powered circular saw. You’ll be free from the nuisance of power cords.
- It comes with a convenient laser guide.
- With a safe spindle lock for safe and easy blade changes.
- With an easy bevel and depth adjustment system.
- Battery power does not last long.
- Complaints that the battery eventually wears out.
CRAFTSMAN (CMES510) Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.7 out of 5
- This circular saw offers the best performance at 5500 RPM.
- Comes with a heavy-duty 18 teeth carbide-tipped saw blade.
- With a handy beveling shoe, detents for angled cuts, and more.
The Craftsman circular saw CMES510 is a high-performance circular saw that can rip through all kinds of material aggressively up to 5500 RPM. It can eat through different materials at different thicknesses thanks to its 18 teeth carbide-tipped blade. It comes with tool-free bevel shoe adjustments that can move up to 55 degrees. Meanwhile, angled cuts will have detents at the 22-5 and 45-degree angles which make it easier to use.
The circular blade shoe is made of magnesium alloy material making it very durable. The upper and lower guards are also made of very durable metal which protects the workpiece from any incorrect cuts. Finally, the handle is contoured for safety and added comfort.
You’ll get your money’s worth from this Craftsman circular saw because of its 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Dimensions: 13.96 x 9.2 x 7.9 inches, 11.05 pounds
- Power/Motor: 15- Amp motor with 5500 RPM
- Cutting Performance: 55-degree bevel capacity
- Special Features: carbide-tipped blade, beveling shoe, tool-free adjustments, metallic upper and lower guards, rafter hook, magnesium shoe, ergonomic handle, 3 years limited warranty
- Accessories: 18 teeth carbide-tipped blade, wrench
- With a high-performance motor.
- With strong carbide-tipped blade with higher ripping or cutting capacities.
- With easy beveling features.
- With a durable magnesium shoe.
- This is a lightweight circular saw, easy to take to the worksite.
- Complaints with overheating.
- Complaints with the tool accessories.
GALAX PRO 12A 5500RPM Corded Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5
- With a highly efficient motor with 5500 RPM to cut wood, plastics, tile, flooring, and metal panels.
- With a laser guide and rip fence for more accurate cuts.
- With a blower to remove dust from your line of sight.
The GALAX Pro is a circular saw with a powerful and very efficient 12-amp copper winding motor. It can produce the best performance with 5500 RPM which allows the tool to cut through tile, metal panels, wood, plastics, and all types of flooring.
This circular saw comes with an easy-to-adjust bevel and cutting angle depth. This lets you cut faster and more accurately. The maximum depth of cutting for 90 degrees is 62mm while at 45 degrees is 46mm. The bevel tilt function is from 0 to 45 degrees.
This GALAX Pro circular saw comes with an adjustable rip fence with an efficient laser guiding system to avoid costly mistakes. The saw has a safe hex nut to facilitate easy blade changes. And to make the cutting surface safer, this circular saw comes with easy-to-use dust extraction to remove all sawdust from your view.
- Dimensions: 12.32 x 9.84 x 7.72 inches, 9.15 pounds
- Power/Motor: 12-Amp motor, 1500 watts, 5500 RPM
- Cutting Performance: 45-degree bevel capacity, 2.5 inches at 90 degrees, 1 4/5 inches at 45 degrees
- Special Features: adjustable bevel angle and cutting angle, laser guide, rip fence, dust extraction, lightweight saw
- Accessories: 24 teeth tungsten-carbide tipped blade, hex key, rip guide, dust blower, and warranty card.
- With a very powerful motor with copper windings.
- Performs well with all types of material including wood, metal, plastics, flooring, and tile.
- This can cut deeper and safer.
- The laser guidance system lets you cut safely and efficiently.
- This is a very light saw only 7.1 pounds so it’s easier to take to the worksite.
- Complaints about the depth adjustment.
- Complaints that it does not come with all the needed accessories.
METERK 12-Amp Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5
- This is a powerful 12-Amp saw great for home use or shop use.
- Comes with a convenient laser guide and scale ruler to help you make accurate cuts.
- With easy bevel and cutting depth adjustments.
The Meterk Circular Saw is a 12-amp circular saw with a convenient laser guide plus a scale ruler. This makes it safer to cut different materials and will save you from costly mistakes. The motor is powerful at 12 amps making this saw capable of cutting all kinds of materials including wood, plastic, and tile.
This saw offers a maximum cutting depth of 2 5/8 inches at 90 degrees and 1 7/10 inches at 45 degrees. And your purchase comes with a 7 ¼ inches Adept Blade. No need to purchase a separate saw blade.
- Power/Motor: 12-Amp motor, 5000 RPM
- Cutting Performance: 2 – 5/8 inches at 90 degrees maximum cutting depth.
- Special Features: laser guide, scale ruler, 2 blade system, zero to 45-degree bevel adjustment
- Accessories: saw blades
- With a powerful motor, capable of cutting all kinds of materials.
- With a deeper maximum cutting depth.
- Comes with a free Adept Blade.
- With an ergonomic handle to reduce operator hand and arm fatigue.
- With a large dust port to remove sawdust away from your line of sight.
- Complaints about the large dust port.
- Problems with bevel adjustments.
Ryobi One P505 Circular Saw
Star Rating: 4.6 out of 5
- With a large, easy-grip, ergonomic rubber mold handle.
- With a transparent polyurethane lower guard so you won’t lose sight of your work.
- Comes with an extra handle for enhanced control.
The Ryobi One P505 is a cordless circular saw with a very durable, powerful motor at 4700 RPM. The most impressive and the most noticeable part of this saw is the Gripzone Overmold handle that’s very comfortable to use. it is lined with rubber that improves friction so you can grip the tool safely and with ease.
This saw has a transparent blade guard made of polyurethane material so you can easily check your cuts. The bevel is versatile and is easy to adjust up to 50 degrees to different angles for all types of projects.
Finally, this saw is One+ compatible which means that it works with all Ryobi tools that use 18-volt batteries. This saw does not come with batteries.
- Dimensions: 11.65 x 9.65 x 8.27 inches
- Power/Motor: 18v battery, 4700 RPM,
- Cutting Performance: up to 50 degrees bevel
- Special Features: Gripzone Overmold handle, transparent guard, 2nd side handle, adjustable bevel, Ryobi One+ compatible battery
- Accessories: none
- With a transparent blade guard to check your cuts easily.
- With a comfortable handle.
- Comes with a powerful motor.
- Battery operated so you won’t need a power outlet. Great for remote job sites.
- The handle has a rubber mold that improves grip and friction.
- This saw does not come with a battery.
- The battery charge won’t last long.
- Older batteries won’t work too long even on a full charge,
Circular Saw Buying Guide
Before buying a circular saw, you need to understand its types and consider their features, power, and blade size.
Types of Circular Saws
There are several types of circular saws to choose from, each with its own unique features and benefits.
Let’s start with the most common type: the sidewinder saw. This saw has a motor located on the side of the blade, making it compact and lightweight. It’s perfect for everyday cutting tasks and is easy to maneuver.
Another popular option is the worm drive saw. This type of saw has a motor located at the rear of the blade, providing more power and torque. It’s great for heavy-duty cutting jobs and is commonly used by professionals.
Lastly, we’ve the mini circular saw, which is compact and portable, making it ideal for small projects and tight spaces.
When selecting a circular saw, you should consider the key features that will meet your specific needs and requirements.
One important feature to consider is the power of the saw. Higher power means the saw can cut through thicker and denser materials with ease.
Another feature to look for is the blade size. Different blade sizes are suitable for different types of cuts, so choose one that matches the type of work you’ll be doing.
Additionally, consider the saw’s cutting depth and bevel capacity. These features determine the maximum depth and angle at which the saw can cut.
Lastly, pay attention to the saw’s safety features, such as blade guards and electric brakes. These features are crucial for protecting yourself from accidents while using the saw.
To ensure you have the right tool for your projects, you’ll need to consider the available power options and blade sizes when purchasing a circular saw.
Power is an important factor to consider as it determines the cutting ability of the saw. Circular saws typically come in two power options: corded and cordless. Corded saws offer consistent power but restrict mobility due to the need for an electrical outlet, while cordless saws provide greater freedom of movement but may have limited battery life.
Blade size is another crucial consideration. The blade size determines the depth of cut the saw can make. Common blade sizes for circular saws range from 6 ½ inches to 10 ¼ inches. Choose a blade size that suits your cutting needs, ensuring it’s compatible with the saw you select.Choosing the Right Circular Saw for Your Projects
For optimal results in your woodworking projects, it’s important to carefully select and invest in the right circular saw that suits your needs.
There are several factors to consider when choosing a circular saw.
First, think about the type of projects you’ll be working on. If you plan to tackle large projects or work with tough materials, a more powerful saw with a higher RPM would be ideal.
Next, consider the size and weight of the saw. If you’ll be working in tight spaces or need to transport the saw frequently, a compact and lightweight option would be more practical.
Additionally, pay attention to the features and accessories offered by different models, such as adjustable depth settings, laser guides, and dust collection systems.
Safety Tips and Reminds When Using Circular Saw
Consider the following tips and recommendations when you use circular saw to avoid from accidents.
Use safety gear before you operate a circular saw
Work in a well-lit area and wear safety gear including goggles, mask (respirator mask), earplugs, and working gloves.
Check the circular saw’s lower blade guard and blade
The lower blade guard must move freely. The blade must spin in the correct rotation direction. Always set the circular saw blade depth when the saw is unplugged.
Remove everything on the working area, especially the saw electrical cord.
Keep the cutting area well-lit and free from anything that can affect your view. You will need to move the saw to make different cuts so be sure that the electric cord won’t get in the way when you do.
All circular saws are made for right-hand use
Remember, all circular saws are designed this way. So, take time to learn how to hold the saw with your right hand and use the left for support. Always use your two hands when holding a moving circular saw.
Full power first before you start cutting the workpiece
This will make sure that the cuts are straight, smooth and will prevent any sudden vibrations which can rip the material apart.
Always secure the stock to prevent any movements.
Clamp the stock wood or material before you start cutting. This will avoid any mistakes and will help the saw cut faster.
Remember the don’ts of using a circular saw.
Never force the retracting guard to move to an open position. Do not put your hand under the guard. When replacing the saw blade, never overtighten the locking nut.
Inspect the material before cutting it. Check for any obstructions like nails or wood screws. Never overreach the cutting area and never force the circular saw as it cuts the workpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the most frequently asked questions and their respective answers when it comes to using a circular saw.
What can a circular saw cut?
A circular saw can cut a variety of materials. Use the correct blade to cut wood, masonry, tile, and steel.
Will a 7 ¼ – inch circular saw cut 4×4 wood?
A circular saw is one of the best tools to use to cut 4×4 wood but you will need to make two cuts since the maximum cutting depth of a circular saw is 2.5 inches.
Can you cut metal with a circular saw?
You can cut mild steel that’s up to 3/8-inch thick with a circular saw. Also, it can cut ferrous material but you must use the correct blade.