Cutting shapes and curves? Not a problem with a good jigsaw power saw. This type of saw lets you perform intricate cuts that are impossible to do with a circular or table saw. Jigsaws let you move through material like a sharp blade and you can work on wood, plywood, particleboard, and plastic. But do you know that the best jigsaw blades can also cut through metal and ceramic tile?
Just like the Dewalt DW3742C, a T-Shank jigsaw blade set with impressive cutting power. This jigsaw blade set is compatible with all Bosch and Dewalt jigsaws and is very handy for a wide variety of cutting applications. So, if you’re looking for the best jigsaw blade, let us guide you with our top blades of 2021 review.
Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5
Best T-Shank Jigsaw Blades from Dewalt
- These are jigsaw blades with an efficient T-Shank design.
- This is a set of jigsaw blades with different sizes for a variety of applications.
- These blades can fit into all Dewalt and Bosch jigsaw models.
The Dewalt DW3742C is a jigsaw blade set that has a T-Shank design. This makes these blades compatible with more jigsaw brands and models especially those made by Dewalt and Bosch. This is a set with 14 blades with 6 and 10 teeth per inch blades that are 4 inches long and 18 to 32 teeth per inch blades at 3 inches long.
These are very durable jigsaw blades and are designed to cut all kinds of wood and for different metal applications. Your blades are encased in a clear carrying case where you can easily find the right size blade you need for your project.
The Dewalt jigsaw blades are very reliable. The 6 to 12 teeth per inch blades are made from HCS steel while the 18 and 32 teeth per inch blades are BiM steel.
- Dimensions – 6.77 x 6.06 x 1.26 inches, 8.1 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 14 blades
- Material – for metal and wood
- Cutting Capabilities – with 6, 10, 12, 18, and 32 – TPI blades
- Special Features – with a T-Shank design, set of 3 and 4-inch blades
- Accessories – Comes with a clear carrying case
- Comes with an efficient T-Shank design that is compatible with more jigsaw brands and models.
- The set has all the common wood and metal jigsaw blades used on common projects.
- These blades are very strong HCS and BiM blades that cut through wood and metal.
- You’ll get your money’s worth as you get a set with 14 blades.
- This blade set comes with a clear carrying case.
- Complaints about the lifespan of the blades.
- The carrying case is not very durable, won’t lock at all, and has limited slots.
Star Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Best Multi-Purpose Jigsaw Blades from Bosch
- These jigsaw blades are compatible with more than 90% of jigsaw models including Dewalt, Makita, Metabo, Milwaukee, Hitachi, Craftsman, and Porter-Cable.
- You can cut wood, metal, and other materials in between.
- These are very durable jigsaw blades made according to the Bosch standard.
The Bosch multi-purpose jigsaw blades T5002 is a 10-piece set that’s compatible not just with the Bosch jigsaw brand. These may be used on jigsaws from Dewalt, Milwaukee, Makita, Porter-Cable, Hitachi, and Craftsman. These blades are compatible with more than 90% of the most popular jigsaws in the market.
This jigsaw blade set comes two of each type of blade. There’s the 4-inch, 10 teeth per inch wood blade, the 3 ¼ – inch at 12 teeth per inch for basic wood, 4-inch at 6 teeth per inch for wood, and 3 5/8 – inch with 17 to 24 teeth per inch for metal among others. Because of this variety, this Bosch jigsaw blade set is great for general woodworking tasks, construction, and carpentry projects.
These Bosch jigsaw blades come with a T-Shank design which produces the best grip and saw stability. Also, you don’t have to set the saw screw in its mounting hole to prevent saw breakage. All-in-all, you’ll get 2 basic wood, 2 basic metal, 2 basic scrolls on wood, 2 clean wood, and 2-speed cuts on hard wood. These saws are inside a convenient plastic case to keep these sharp, safe, and ready for your next projects.
- Dimensions – 1.2 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 10 blades
- Material – wood and metal
- Cutting Capabilities – 6, 10, 11 to 14, 12, 17 to 24 TPI from 3 to 4 inches length
- Special Features – compatible with most jigsaw models and brands, with a T-Shank design
- Accessories – with a clear plastic case.
- These blades are compatible with many jigsaw models and brands.
- These come with two blades for each class and use.
- These blades have a T-Shank design which improves blade grip and improves stability.
- These jigsaw blades are very durable.
- Your blade set comes with a plastic carrying case.
- Complaints that the metal blades are not as durable as wood blades.
- Complaints that the plastic case won’t shut and is very flimsy.
Star Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Best Jigsaw Blades Set for Wood and Metal from Black+Decker
- These blades come with a U-Shank style with no holes.
- This is a set of scrolling blades, metal blades, and wood cutting blades.
- These jigsaw blades can cut through wood, metal, and aluminum.
The Black+Decker jigsaw blade set is an assorted mix with 24 pieces. These blades are very strong, durable, and will last a long time. These can cut different materials including metal, aluminum, and all kinds of wood.
These Black+Decker blades come with a U-Shank design which makes them compatible with older jigsaw models. You’ll get four 6 teeth per inch blades for rough wood, four 10 teeth per inch blades for smooth wood, four 10 teeth per inch blades for scrolling, four 18 teeth per inch blades for medium metal, and four 24 teeth per inch blades for thin metals.
You can use wood-cutting saw blades for different carpentry and woodworking tasks. You can cut intricate designs, shapes, and patterns with the scrolling blades and cut through metal safely and smoothly with the metal blades.
- Dimensions – 5.24 x 0.63 x 2.88 inches, 3.2 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 24 blades
- Material – metal, aluminum, and wood
- Special Features – with a U-Shank design with no holes
- Accessories – with a carrying case
- These are very tough blades that can work with wood, aluminum, and metal.
- You’ll get four of each type of saw blade.
- These have the U-Shank design which is great for older and new saws.
- You can use these blades for general-purpose carpentry, woodworking, and construction.
- Complaints that the metal blades are too short and are too flimsy.
- Complaints that the storage case is not very durable.
Star Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Best Jigsaw Blades for Woodworking from Tanzfrosch
- This jigsaw blades packaging comes in different sizes to use for different projects.
- These blades come in different designs for fine or fast cuts.
- These are premium quality carbon steel blades to give you precise cuts.
This is a set with 52 blades in total. You’ll get saw blades for basic metal, for cuts on smooth wood, for cuts on rough wood, and scrolling. These blades also come in a variety of teeth designs to help you cut faster or for fine cutting. You must use precisely-ground saw blade teeth for faster and cleaner cuts.
These blades are from premium, high-quality carbon steel metal which means you’ll get quality and accurate results each time. These Tanzfrosch blades are universally compatible because of their T-Shank design; these will work with almost all jigsaw saws available in the market.
- Dimensions – 5.39 x 4.06 x 1.69 inches, 8.4 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 52 blades
- Material – wood, plastics, soft metals
- Special Features – with a T-Shank design, different blade designs
- Accessories – comes with a carrying case
- These jigsaw blades are the best value with 52 blades in total to use.
- These come in different teeth designs to give you fast or fine cuts.
- These blades are made from the best quality carbon steel for precise and quality cuts.
- These are universally compatible thanks to their T-Shank design
- You can use these with most of the jigsaw saws.
- Complaints that these are not as strong as popular blades.
- Complaints about the packaging.
Star Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Best T-Shank Jigsaw Blades from HORUSDY
- These jigsaw blades can work with Dewalt and Bosch jigsaw saws.
- These blades are HCS and HSS for improved quality.
- These blades are best for fast cuts and curved cuts.
The HORUSDY jigsaw blade set is a 25-piece set with blades made from HSS, HCS, and BIM metal for utmost durability. These blades come with a T-Shank style and thus, these will fit all Bosch, Dewalt, and other jigsaw models.
The blades made from HSS and HCS are great for making precise cuts on wood while BIM blades are used for strenuous cutting on hardwood and also on metal sheets. Meanwhile, HCS is for general woodworking and carpentry work while HSS is for plastic, metal, and hardwood.
This blade will also help you make intricate rapid cuts, plunge cuts, and curved cuts on different materials including plastic, soft and hardwood, think metal sheets, and more. And to keep your blades safe, this set comes with a convenient box.
- Dimensions – 5 x 4.5 x 0.65 inches, 5.9 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 25 blades
- Material – Bim, HCS, HSS
- Special Features – with a T-Shank design
- Accessories – Comes with a carrying box
- This jigsaw blade set gives you great value with 25 blades.
- These blades have a T-Shank style which makes them compatible with popular jigsaw brands.
- This is made from the highest quality metals.
- You can use these to make plunge, rapid, and curve cuts.
- You’ll get a handy carrying box to keep your blades safe.
- The wood blades are great but the metal blades are not as durable.
- The casing/box is not as durable.
Star Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Best Reverse Cut Jigsaw Blades from TopsTools
- These jigsaw blades were made using quality manufacturing processes.
- With a T-Shank design to enhance grip and blade stability.
- With a reverse-pitch tooth design for improved clean top for hard or soft materials.
The Task Tools jigsaw blade set is a 20-piece set with a U-Shank style. These are very tough blades that can cut wood, engineered wood, metal, and plastics. Because of its U-Shank design, you can use these blades on older saw models.
These Task Tools blades can make intricate scroll cuts plus regular cuts even on wet wood but will work best on dry wood. These blades are from 2.8 to 3.6 inches and come in a handy carrying pouch.
- Dimensions – 7.01 x 4.33 x 0.71 inches, 7.7 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included- 5 packs of 5, 25 blades
- Material – wood, plastic, and engineered wood
- Cutting Capabilities – 4 inches overall length and 3 inches usable length
- Special Features – T-Shank style, reverse-pitch teeth pattern
- Accessories – none
- These blades are great for older saw models with their U-Shank design.
- These blades are made from high-carbon steel and tungsten carbide making these very durable and longer-lasting.
- You can use these blades for scroll and regular cuts.
- Complaints that the holding case is of poor quality.
- The case won’t hold the blades safely.
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Best Universal Shank Jig Saw Blades from Task Tools
- These are high carbon steel jigsaw blades that can eat through metal, plastic, and wood.
- These are U-Shank blades that can create scroll cuts and traditional cuts even on wet wood.
- These jigsaw blades are very easy to fit, work with other jigsaw brands and models.
The Task Tools jigsaw blades are made from high carbon steel and tungsten carbide making these the perfect blades for cutting through wood, plastic, engineered wood, and metal. This is a set with 20 blades great for scroll cuts and regular cuts.
These blades vary from small 2.8-inch blades to 3.6-inch saw blades. You’ll get varying teeth designs so you can cut different materials to make a variety of projects.
- Dimensions – 9.75 x 8.25 x 0.75 inches, 4 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 20 blades
- Material – metal, plastic, wood, and engineered wood
- Cutting Capabilities – 2.8 inches to 3.6 inches long blades
- Special Features – U-Shank style, made from tungsten carbide and high carbon steel
- Accessories – with carrying pouch
- You can use these blades to cut through wood, metal, plastics, and engineered wood.
- These come with a U-Shank design to fit older and newer jigsaw models.
- You’ll get good value for your money with this 20 blades set.
- Complaints that the carrying case is not very durable.
- Problems with fitting the saw blades with some jigsaw brands and models.
Star Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Best T-Shank Jigsaw Blades from Milwaukee
- These jigsaw blades are made in Switzerland.
- These blades come with a T-Shank design
- You can use this to cut metal or wood.
The Milwaukee 49-22-1178 jigsaw blades are great for cutting metal and wood. These are general-purpose saw blades that come with a T-Shank making these compatible with most modern and high-quality jigsaws.
You’ll get 5 blades in one pack: 3 bi-metal blades and 2 super-tough bi-metal blades. These jigsaw blades are known to be more durable than HSS or carbon blades. You can use these for all-around cutting of different materials at home or the worksite.
- Dimensions – 0.95 ounces
- Number of Pieces Included – 5 blades
- Material – wood and metal
- Cutting Capabilities – blades with a 9/32 – inch width
- Special Features – with a T-Shank style, metal blades, and general-purpose blades
- Accessories – none
- These blades are made from the finest materials.
- You can use these on wood, metal, and plastics.
- These blades come with the T-Shank design making them compatible with most jigsaws.
- You only get five blades.
- Complaints that the metal blades are not very sturdy.
What are the important things to consider when buying a jigsaw blade?
Jigsaw blade compatibility
Most jigsaws are compatible with all models and brands of jigsaw saws. So, it’s best to do some research if the one you want to buy is compatible with the saw you would like to use. Also, consider the type of design the saw blade has. T-Shank blades mostly work with both U-Shank and T-Shank saws while older U-Shank models will only work with U-Shank blades.
Jigsaw blade material
The blade material should be tough, must resist the material you want to cut. Most blades are made from steel with tungsten carbide teeth to easily cut through all kinds of material. Always check the type of material before you purchase as this could make or break the outcome of your project.
Jigsaw blade use
Jigsaw blades are also classified according to the type of material or materials they can cut. Some can cut through the wood while some in wood, metal, and plastics. Some heavy-duty jigsaw blades can cut through ceramic tile and soft metals.
Jigsaw blade number of pieces in a set
It’s best to always have a spare blade around especially when you’re making a very intricate project on tough materials. This is why you should always buy a jigsaw blade in a set. All the best jigsaw blades in our list come in a set.
These are the most frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers about buying and using a jigsaw blade.
Do all jigsaw blades work on all jigsaw models and brands?
Some but not all jigsaw blades work on all jigsaws. Check the manufacturer’s instructions if the blade you wish to buy is compatible with your jigsaw. Also, the jigsaw T-Shank or U-Shank should match the requirements of the jigsaw.
What are the kinds of jigsaw blades?
There are different kinds of jigsaw blades: blades depending on the style: U-Shank or T-Shank blade, wood, metal, or multi-material blades and the length of the blades. Be sure to know the saw blade requirement of your jigsaw before you purchase.
How to choose the right jigsaw blade?
The right jigsaw blade will match the saw blade requirements of your saw. Consider the type of shank needed, the length, and the type of blade according to the material you will cut.
What are the materials used to make jigsaw blades?
Jigsaw blades are made from different materials: high carbon steel, high-speed steel, bi-metal steel, or tungsten carbide material.
Why does my jigsaw blade fall out of the tool?
The most common reason why a jigsaw blade keeps on falling out is that you’re using the wrong kind of blade. Also, if you have inserted it incorrectly then it will continue to fall off.
From our list of the 8 best jigsaw blades of 2021, we recommend the Dewalt DW3742C jigsaw blades set. This set comes with an efficient and reliable T-Shank design thus, these are compatible with Bosch and Dewalt jigsaws and other popular brands.
These are very durable blades and can cut all kinds of wood and can be used in different metal applications. These Dewalt jigsaw blades are very reliable and are made from HCCS steel and BiM steel. You can use these blades on your woodworking projects at home or use them at the field or worksite to cut delicate shapes and designs. The Dewalt DW3742C jigsaw blades set gives you more value for your money and these could be the blade set you need for your woodworking and carpentry needs.