In the heart of every efficient woodworking station is a dependable, durable table saw. You need a good saw to handle all your cutting and shaping needs. A quality table saw will help you make fast and accurate cuts on different materials and will allow you to create intricate cuts like ripping, dado and crosscuts.
Of all the best table saws we reviewed the DEWALT 8 – ¼ – inch Table Saw has outranked its competitions. This table saw is portable, easy to use, and can produce a variety of cuts. Check out this table saw as well as other models in our best table saw the list.
Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5
Best Table Saw for the Jobsite from Dewalt
- Compact table saw, easy to transport and to store.
- With a rack and pinion rails, telescoping legs for easy and fast adjustments.
- Can produce a variety of cuts with its 24.5-inch rip capacity.
Dewalt is one of the most trusted names in table saws. The DWE7485 looks tough and durable but at the same time, this is portable, easy to transport, and store. This Dewalt saw comes with rack and pinion fence rails which make it very easy to adjust. It is smooth, accurate, and can create different types of cuts; you can rip through plywood and OSB sheets with ease.
This Dewalt table saw comes with a dependable 15-Amp motor with 5800 RPM. It’s strong, very accurate, and ready to work on any cutting project. You’ll also get an onboard storage system for easy access to all the different components you need.
The DWE7485 can be your dependable saw in your working area at home or your worksite. Its durable metal rolling cage lets you easily transport it anywhere.
- Dimensions – 22.75 x 22.75 x 13 inches, 54 pounds
- Power – 15 Amp, with a 5800 rpm motor
- Accessories – onboard storage system with a fence, anti-kickback pawls, push stick, miter gauge, blade change wrenches, non-thru cut riving knife, and modular guard system
- Special Features – 24.5 inches rip capacity, telescoping fence rails, onboard storage, easy to store and transport, with metal rolling cage
- Despite its power, you can transport this saw anywhere and keep it anywhere too.
- It comes with a powerful motor to easily rip through wood and other materials.
- With an onboard storage system.
- Comes with a metal rolling cage for easy transport to where you need a table saw.
- Complaints with the miter gauge.
- Does not come with a blade height locking mechanism.
Star Rating: 5 out of 5
Best Table Saw For Accurate Bevel Cuts from Powermatic
- With a cast-iron trunnion/base. This makes this table saw the most durable.
- Comes with easy-to-use components, easy tool changes.
- Quieter than other table saws with no vibration.
The Powermatic table saw is a complete package. It’s a very durable saw with a cast iron base making it stable and ready for all kinds of workpieces. It comes with a digital read-out that will help you make perfect bevel cuts. And if you need to change your blade, use the quick-release lever for fast and safe knife changes.
This table saw is equipped with a Poly-V Drive Belt which is safer, quieter, and produces no vibrations. This belt drive also reduces heat build-up which makes every use safer and more efficient.
This Powermatic saw can cut all angles and all sizes of material. However, it needs a spacious area inside your workstation and is preferably for industrial use rather than home use.
- Dimensions – 66.75 x 39.13 x 40.38 inches, 606 pounds
- Power – 230V, 3 HP motor
- Accessories – Accu-Fence
- Special Features – cast iron trunnion, digital read-out, easy riving knife, Poly-V drive belt, adjustable angles
- This is a very sturdy saw.
- It can cut all kinds of materials with varying angles, sizes, and shapes.
- Easy to use, easy to adjust.
- With easy to read digital bevel cut system.
- No vibration reduced heat build-up thanks to its improved drive belt component.
- Too heavy to take anywhere.
- Needs a large space to keep in an indoor working area.
Star Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Best 10-inch Jobsite Table Saw from BOSCH
- This table saw has a large 25-inch cutting capacity.
- Comes with an easy-to-use and transport table stand.
- With a powerful 4HP motor for ripping and crosscutting.
The BOSCH Jobsite Table Saw comes with a 25-inch cutting capability plus a handy folding stand. This is a powerful table saw with a 15-amp saw with 3650 RPM. Because of this, it can produce rip cuts and crosscuts no matter what type of material you wish to cut.
Despite its handy and transportable design, this table saw comes with a spacious cast aluminum surface. This allows you to support larger and more complex materials. Use this saw and avoid mishaps thanks to its soft-start circuit. It also comes with a constant response circuit to keep the saw’s speed even under load. Finally, the restart protection avoids any accidental startups.
This BOSCH saw is portable with its gravity-rise stand with wheels. This is why this saw is very portable, easy to set up, and easy to take down. The Smart Guard System prevents kickback and keeps you safe from any contact with the blade.
- Dimensions – 29 x 32 x 13.25 inches, 60 pounds
- Power – 15 amps, 4 HP, 650 rpm
- Accessories – Smart Guard System (riving knife, anti-kickback pawls, barrier-guard), 10-inch carbide-tipped saw blade, SquareLock Rip Fence, push stick, miter gauge, throat plate insert, adjustment wrench, and multi-function blade wrench.
- Special Features – variable speed motor, arbor lock, square lock rip fence, cast iron top, soft-start, constant response, restart protection.
- This saw has a powerful motor great for rip cutting and crosscutting tasks.
- It has a spacious cast aluminum top.
- Easy to use, safe start and restart.
- Portable, with a wheeled stand for easy mobility.
- Prevents kickback using the Smart Guard System.
- Not too heavy to take to the worksite.
- The stand looks flimsy.
- Not as compact, won’t fold completely unlike other portable table saws.
Star Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Best Multi-Material Table Saw from Evolution
- This table saw is very powerful and can cut aluminum, steel, plastic, and even wood with nails.
- With a powerful motor with an enhanced gearbox and saw blade system.
- Can make very accurate cuts using its bevel tilt and rip cutting system.
The Evolution – RAGE5-S is a multi-material power saw that can rip through wood, aluminum, plastic, and steel thanks to its Japanese tungsten-carbide-tipped blade. It comes with a very powerful 15-amp motor with a special gearbox plus a blade system. These can improve blade and motor life so the saw can cut different materials without any worries.
This table saw offers accurate results with its adjustable parallel fence that can extend at full lengths. This saw can miter at all the cutting angles. You’ll get a multi-material blade with your table saw and this offers more value for your money with an exclusive 3-year warranty.
- Dimensions – 36.3 x 29.55 x 14.7 inches, 65 pounds
- Power – 15 Amp motor
- Accessories – RAGE5- S Power Tools, measuring rail guide, multi-material blade
- Special Features – multi-material saw, 0 to 45-degree bevel, sliding table, anti-vibration clamp, table extensions, dust extraction, collapsible frame, wheels, and foot pedals, easy and precise angle settings
- This is a multi-material table saw.
- With a very durable blade with a tough tungsten-carbide tip.
- Has a very strong motor that lets you cut all kinds of materials.
- This saw can cut all the common angles.
- Still too heavy to take anywhere.
- With a limited cutting surface.
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Best Industrial Compact Sliding Table Saw
- This is an industrial table saw with a powerful 7.5 HP motor.
- Comes with a main blade plus a scoring blade.
- With a double-roller carriage table, fully- adjustable rip fence.
The Grizzly brand of power tools is one of the gold standards in the manufacturing industry. Their industrial table saw G0820-12 3-Phase Compact Sliding Saw is equipped with a powerful 7.5-HP motor making it capable of cutting all kinds of material, not just wood.
This table saw weighs almost 1000 pounds and requires a spacious area inside your shop. But this weight keeps the saw balanced so it can cut through different materials accurately and with careful ease.
The sliding table saw design lets you save time. You can crosscut large material sheets, and rip huge panels up to 33 inches. It has a lot of user-friendly features too despite its sturdy industrial design.
Meanwhile, this Grizzly table saw is safe with a magnetic switch and an efficient thermal overload protection system. You’ll also get everything you need including a riving knife and a clamp-on sliding saw table to handle large workpieces with ease.
- Dimensions – 996 pounds
- Power – 3-phase 7.5 HP motor, 220V/440V
- Accessories – crosscut fence, 2 flip stops, riving knife, sliding table
- Special Features – adjustable rip fence, table extensions for large workpieces, magnetic switch, thermal overload safety protection, cast iron table
- This is a micro-adjustable industrial table saw.
- Can be prewired as a 440V table saw for a fee.
- Larger cutting area.
- Very stable and reliable.
- Can cut different angles and make different cuts.
- Needs a spacious area.
- Very heavy to lift.
- Needs special training to use.
Star Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Best 10-Inch Woodworking Table Saw from KSEIBI
- Very strong, dependable benchtop circular saw with 15 amp motor.
- Offers quick and precise cutting for job site and worksite capabilities.
- Comes with complete accessories.
The KSEIBI table saw is a tough, portable woodworking power saw with a very strong 15-Amp motor. It comes with a sturdy metal stand to keep everything secure especially when you cut larger workpieces.
This is an electric benchtop table saw that can eat up all kinds of wood including tough hardwood, fiberboard, and other similar materials. It can cut up to 5000 RPM which makes this great for home shop use and worksite use.
The KSEIBI table saw is very portable and versatile. You can make miter cuts, rip cuts, crosscuts, and intricate bevel cuts. This saw is fast, very accurate, and works smoothly on different materials.
- Dimensions – 27.95 x 26.77 x 14.96 inches, 51.3 pounds
- Power – 15 Amp motor with 500 rpm cutting speeds
- Accessories – metal stand, saw blade, safeguard, wrenches
- Special Features – faster cutting speeds, with 0-45-degree bevel capacity, easy to release lever
- With a strong 15 – Amp motor and can cut through different materials with ease.
- This is a durable saw, ready to cut at 5000 RPM speed.
- You can use it at home or the job site/worksite.
- Comes with a stable base. Easy to transport.
- Can make smooth and accurate cuts.
- The cutting surface is smaller than other table saws.
- Lacks accessories like a push stick, kickback pawls, a riving knife, and more.
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Best Woodworking Table Saw from GOWE
- A table saw and a sliding table saw in one.
- With telescoping aluminum extension tables for improved support.
- With a dust collection bag and clip system that’s easy to remove and dispose of.
The GOWE slide working table saw is a DIY enthusiast’s helper. It is a battery-powered table saw with a powerful 15-Amp motor for a smoother and more efficient performance. It may look small, but it comes with telescoping aluminum tables to extend the working space on both sides.
The clamping system is easy to use so you can remove the base of the saw from the stand to transport it. This GOWE woodworking table also comes with complete accessories like a saw blade, blade guard, and a convenient dust collection bag. Meanwhile, there is a guiding laser trac to ensure accurate cuts all the time.
- Power – 15 Amp 5000 RPM motor
- Accessories – saw blade, stand, dust collection bag, blade guard,
- Special Features – with telescoping aluminum tables, blade guard, laser tack system, dust collection system.
- Easy to transport as the saw base can separate from the table.
- With a very powerful 15-amp motor to produce fast, efficient, and smooth cuts all the time.
- Can take larger workpieces thanks to its extension telescoping aluminum tables.
- With a laser tracking system.
- Complaints that the cutting surface is still too small.
- Battery power won’t last long.
- Some accessories are not included with the purchase.
Star Rating: 3.2 out of 5
Best Table Saw with Stand from Black & Decker
- This table saw comes with a stand and wheels
- With an automatic alighting fence to make accurate cuts for every project.
- Comes with a carbide-tip saw to cut plastic, wood, and non-ferrous material.
The Black & Decker BDTS200 is a very powerful 15-amp table saw that comes with a portable stand with wheels. It has a self-aligning fence that locks safely in place. This ensures that you’re getting the most accurate cuts on different materials.
The BDTS200 blade is very sharp and efficient. It’s carbide-tipped and thus can cut through all kinds of wood, non-ferrous metals, and plastic like a hot knife on butter. This saw has a T-slot miter gauge to allow all kinds of intricate cuts. This Black & Decker table saw is a reliable power saw that you can use in your workshop at home or at your job site.
- Dimensions – 27.7 x 21.7 x 12.2 inches
- Power – 15 Amp motor
- Accessories – stand
- Special Features – comes with stand and wheels, easy to align lock fence, t-slot miter gauge
- Comes with a handy stand with wheels for easy transport.
- Provides accurate cuts
- With a powerful motor
- With a very sharp blade to cut different materials.
- The cutting surface is limited.
- Lacks some important table saw accessories.
How to choose the best table saw?
- What type of table saw do you need?
There are three types of table saws to consider.
- Benchtop Table Saw – also known as portable saws, these are small and light and thus, it is easy to transport anywhere you need to cut material. It is portable and most of the time, this type of table saw has a workbench or stand. This type is only for smaller materials and can’t cut larger workpieces.
- Contractor Table Saw – these table saws have 1 to 2 HP motors that are enough to provide tremendous power for almost all kinds of cutting tasks. Contractor table saws are very durable, spacious, and offer support for larger stock material.
- Cabinet Table Saw – this type of table saw can do anything. These come with 3 to 5 HP motors and are known for their accuracy. The saw has large and spacious table extensions plus outfeed tables and thus, it needs a lot of space inside your workshop.
- What features you are looking for?
- The top must be flat.
- The fence should securely lock down and remain parallel with your blade.
- The miter gauge should be accurate, stops at 45 degrees and 90 degrees. The saw should come with a miter gauge slot that’s located parallel to the blade.
- The table saw should have an efficient dust port.
- The table saw should be very powerful to cut through different materials.
- There must be additional side tables and outfeed tables for larger material stock.
- There should be an easy way to change blades.
- The table saw should allow the user to move the blade to the left to create angled cuts and also to the right.
- Finally, choose a safe table saw. It should have adequate guards, automatic blade brakes, and other safety features.
- Do your homework, research on the best brands and models of table saws
Take time to research, compare different table saws, and highlight the features you’re looking for. Don’t rely on just the popular table saw but get to know reviews and the pros and cons of the saw. It’s best to buy table saws personally so you can check all the features you want.
Here are the most frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers about buying and using a table saw
Can a circular saw be used as a table saw?
You can use a circular saw to cut wood as a table saw but the cut won’t be as smooth as a table saw. However, with constant practice and the right techniques, you can cut as seamlessly as a table saw.
Why is a table saw considered dangerous?
A table saw has a rotating saw blade with very sharp teeth which can cut off your fingers. Meanwhile, a workpiece can become a dangerous projectile and can be thrown back to you or other parts of the room if you’re not careful. This is why you need to learn how to use a table saw properly and safely.
Do you need a stand to use a table saw?
Good quality and heavy-duty table saw stand is needed to support the wood or the workpiece as this is moved towards the blade. Some table saws come with a stand.
What do you need to consider when buying a mini table saw?
A mini table saw is portable and efficient. This is good for transporting to and from the worksite. To find the right mini table you must consider the following: a flat top, the fence type, the miter gauge, motor power with variable speed controls, tool-less blade changes, saw attachments, beveling capabilities, adjustable blade height, and safety features.
From our list of the best table saws, we recommend the Dewalt DWE7485, a tough and very durable power saw. Aside from being a Dewalt-made saw, a brand that’s trusted by many, the DWE7485 is accurate, smooth, and powerful. It even comes with complete accessories so you can start with your woodworking projects at once. And don’t forget that the DWE7485 comes with a very strong metal rolling cage. This makes it easier and safer to transport this table saw. With all these great features, the Dewalt DWE7485 could be the right table saw for your needs.